Tuesday 12 March 2013

Chunky double chocolate cookies

The other day, out of nowhere, my new neighbours gave me a giant piece of lemon pie that they made. It was absolutely delicious. Lemon pie is my favourite!!! They handed it to me in a plastic Tupperware container. But, I couldn't give them their container back empty! I do have manners, after all! So, I decided to make them some cookies and they were going to be in for a treat.

I think I may have made my best cookie recipe yet. Double motherfuckin' chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips and walnuts.

Good God! Hit me! I must be dreamin'!
Double chocolate? HEEEY!!!
THAT SMELLS GOOD! NA na NA na NA na NA

I had a couple after they were done, and if awesome had a taste, that's what it would taste like. Jesus, Lord almighty! They are some fine cookies, I tell ya! But, instead of just bragging about how god damn delicious they are, how about you make a batch for yourself? Here's what you need.



Ingredients:


  • 2 cups of flour
  • 3/4 cups of cocoa
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup softened butter (just take 2 sticks, or half a pound and leave it out for a while)
  • 2/3 cup white granulated sugar
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup of white chocolate chips
  • 1 cup of crushed walnuts

Directions:


First, set up the over at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. While it heats up, start mixing the ingredients.

In a medium bowl, first combine the dry ingredients such as the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Just use a whisk and mix them all together and set aside.



In a larger bowl, combine the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract together and start pounding them together until it starts to get smooth. I use a potato masher at first. Also, my brown sugar turned to super rock hard clumps, so I had to break it up.


When it's starting to mix pretty well into a soft paste, use an electric mixed and mix well until it becomes creamy.


Add one egg at a time and mix. It should get nice and soft.


When the eggs are mixed in, gradually pour the dry ingredients and mix until you get a thick doughy texture. If need be, use your hands and sort of knead the dough to get all the dry ingredients mixed well in there. In my case, they had a tendency to stay at the bottom and create a powdery layer. I had to mix them in by hand then use the electric mixed to thoroughly mix it all into the dough.


Finally, add your chocolate chips and your nuts and mix one last time to really get those chunky pieces all in that business.


You should end up with a really nice heavy chunky dough that's ready to bake! At that point it already smells super chocolatey and sweet! I couldn't wait to see what it tastes like once baked. I even ate a small chunk of raw dough and it was delicious! (Though not recommended due to the raw eggs in there. So, don't try this at home like me, folks!)


Get a baking sheet and grease it up slightly. Or use aluminum paper to cover it like I do so you don't have to wash it. I also used PAM for baking and spread it on there with a paper towel. Then make some small golf-ball sized balls of dough and flatten between your palms and put on the cookie sheet. When you have a batch ready, put it in the oven.


Let them bake for about 12 - 15 minutes or until they crack up at the top. Then take them out of the oven and set on a cooling rack for a couple minutes. Keep doing that with the rest of the dough until you're done.

They were so delicious. I swear, if you haven't done them yet,
you don't know what you're missing.

I poured myself a tall glass of milk and enjoyed a couple of those decadent cookies. It's a miracle I could stop myself from eating the whole batch!

No comments:

Post a Comment