Tuesday 18 September 2012

The lazy geek's dinner.

Ok, so I was lazy this week. I spent the whole weekend procrastinating to clean up my apartment and I finally did it late Sunday night. But, I cleaned up my place real good. I still have to mop the floors though. Wait a sec. What is this? A house cleaning blog?

Ok, so last week I made myself some more of my funky fresh Asian fried chicken wrap, but I still had a few pieces left and I had to eat them before they went bad. I didn't make anything else because I really didn't have time to cook. So, I just bought deli meats to make sandwiches for my lunches to get a break because I have too much going on. For some reason everybody wanted to see me at the same time. And it all happened in the one weekend. I wish I had time alone for cleaning the place and laundry and play video games.

Anyway, tonight I was hungry. I finished work late and I didn't have anything prepared except for the few pieces of chicken I had. So, I decided to geek the fuck out and indulge myself into the ultimate meal of champions: Instant. Fucking. Ramen. Oh, and watch some anime with that too! Yeah, that's right. Because, I'm not always lazy, but when I am, I make instant ready made shit and watch cartoons. I'm an adult now! I can do whatever the hell I want!

Also, the famous (or infamous depending on who you are) website The Oatmeal recently created this article about hot Sriracha sauce, otherwise referred to as the "hot cock" sauce. (I totally bought those boxers btw!!!) If you've ever been to any Asian restaurant, you know what I'm talking about. That tall clear plastic bottle filled with red hot sauce and a green squeeze cap at the tip that's so tiny you can make precise drawings on your food when you pour it! That is if you're man enough to pour that much on your food to draw anything at all.



I don't know why but it just woke something in me and I suddenly had to HUGE hankering for Sriracha sauce! And also Pho soup, because that's what I prefer to have it with anyway. So I ran to the nearest grocery store and got myself a bottle and then ran home to do this and finally quell my craving. By the way, how addicted are you to Sriracha sauce?

After running around with my groceries, it was time for me to fix myself dinner. Leftover Asian chicken tenders accompanied by spicy chilli instant ramen and of course, the Sauce. All of which were accompanied with a side of tasty anime as the final geek touch. Tonight's cartoon: Trigun episode 16 - where Vash the Stampede blows a crater in one of the planet's moons with his weird mutant gun-arm. (Pffft! That pussy ain't got nothing on super saiyan Goku whose power level well exceeds nine thousand.)

No, the chicken is not burnt! It's LIGHTLY ROASTED DAMMIT!

Sapporo Ichiban make the best instant ramen in my opinion. Their flavourings are the absolute best. I don't know what they put in there (nobody knows anyway) but they're really delicious. They just don't come with any dried up vegetables, but they assume you will add your own to the soup. (Yeah right, vegetables are for suckers.) The chicken fingers with the hot sauce was perfect. It was a good quick meal and that gave me time to chill and go out and walk, as always.

So, my apologies if there are no recipes this week. But, if you want to know, here's hot to make instant ramen:

  1. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
  2. Add dried noodles and cook for 2 minutes.
  3. Add the powdered flavour packet (and dried vegetables if any) and mix well.
  4. Cook for an additional minute until noodles are soft.
  5. Eat!
Or you can go all out crazy deluxe gourmet and check out this blog post on SeriousEats.com on how to HACK ramen! One of which involves a Sriracha-based sauce! I just found that thing while writing this and I am so excited!


Shredded cheese?!?!? AW HELL NO! THAT'S BLASPHEMY!
CURD CHEESE 4 LYFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment