Tuesday 19 June 2012

Quick and delicious vegetable dip

I had leftover celery from the Jambalaya. I know, I know, it's been a while, but it was still good. Except, I had a feeling it was going to turn bad soon so I decided to cut it up and eat some before heading out to do my groceries. But, raw veggies are boring. I can't eat them by themselves.

Yawn!

I need some veggie dip to add some flavour otherwise I get sick of eating them real fast. Plus, my celery was lacking a bit in colour and in taste as well. Thankfully, my mother gave me the recipe for her great veggie dip. I had to adapt it though because I was lacking some ingredients, but it's pretty close to the original thing.

Here's what you need to prepare the dip:
- Plain Greek yogourt. (2 tbs)
- Light mayo. (1 tbs)
- Curry powder (2 tsp)
- Mrs. Dash Original Blend Seasoning. (2 tsp / to taste)
- Frank's Red Hot sauce. (1 tbs / To taste)



Basically the base of the recipe is to put 2/3 yogourt and 1/3 mayo and you start from there. So if you need to do a bigger batch, use those proportions, then use the rest to taste.


So in my lonesome case, I just put 2 big spoons of Greek yogourt and 1 big tablespoon of mayo. Then, mixed in the curry, Mrs Dash seasoning and some Frank's Red Hot sauce and had that with my pale-looking celery.


The dip is delicious. Prep up some veggies and make it for when you have guests over. Add a big teaspoon of sour creme in there for some extra smoothness.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment